January 16, 2006

Chicken little or the Gargamel syndrome!

So here we are in flight MP 606 destination Schipol airport and even thought the pilot keeps on saying that we are going to land soon... I keep on wondering "landing... in what??, Godverdomme I can't even see the wings of the plane anymore." So yes, as Chiken little wisely predicted.. the sky is falling. And is indeed falling all over Amsterdam... please, someone, run to the Van Gogh museum and save his artwork, this shit is falling all over us.

All the passengers in the plane where looking trough the windows with our best prayers for the mechanism to work as it should.All is covered with fog. "If any passenger wants to help with the landing, please open your windows and try to reach ground... the first one who feels something will be awarded with a rountrip business class ticket in the same route we are covering now", the pilot said..... I opened my eyes with the first bounce of the landing. WE DID IT!!!! I'M ALIVEEEEEE!!!!!!

The other (obligatory) landing was a little bit less romantic or magical. OH MY!! que frio chucha! my ears are falling... my fingers... I can't feel my fingers. Where did I put my coat, my scarf, my gloves, my boots... protection,..... I need protection!!!!!!

Here we are again. While we drive to the office, I'm trying to capture the feeling of the city through the faces of the people.... Shit, I'm in Smurf-land... People is so tall down here, that I can't see their faces anymore. They are walking with a cloud on their faces... you can't see their mood anymore and they all look like Gargamel with their long coats, their bright shoes and always in a hurry. Well, If I was walking in the cold I will also have an urge to arrive. Point taken.. but not really accepted!

The change is never easy.. you go from 0 to too much Oxygen. And as in any other overdose (available in Amsterdam for a very affordable price), you feel completely out of place and stupidly dizzy. Are you talking to me??, I'm hearing everything in mono system, one of my ears refuse to receive any sound and on top of that, darling: Ik spreek geen Nederlands!. I do understand... but If I can't see your face, I'm enjoying my overdose, I'm trying to get my fingers to move, I'm delighted with my first cigarrette in 12 hours.... Get the f*ck out of here!!

So we meet again.... I missed you, but in a way I always will!!

5 comment:

At January 21, 2006 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dear I hpoe you still posting,

 
At February 02, 2006 4:10 AM, Blogger Yuri said...

Hi P,

What does "que frio chucha" mean ? Heard this many times in Sevilla (Spain) too. Is it female?

Yuri

 
At February 02, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Patz said...

mmmmmmmmmmm The fact that you heard it in Sevilla only confirms that there are too many ecuadorians migrating to Spain.

It's ecuadorian spanish. Que frio Chucha literally means: Kut het is koud!!... Jaaaaa, ik spreek een beetje Nederlaans.

;)

 
At February 02, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Patz said...

mmmmmmmmmmm The fact that you heard it in Sevilla only confirms that there are too many ecuadorians migrating to Spain.

It's ecuadorian spanish. Que frio Chucha literally means: Kut het is koud!!... Jaaaaa, ik spreek een beetje Nederlaans.

;)

 
At February 03, 2006 4:13 AM, Blogger Yuri said...

I knew it had something to do with the female genitals.....

thanks for the clear explanation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home